MaGriet's B&B is situated in the picturesque village of Haenertsburg, nestled in the magnificent mountains of Magoebaskloof. Ideally placed for a stop-over to the Kruger National Park, on the R71 approximately 3 and a half hours drive from Johannesburg.
The guest house is within easy walking distance to the village where visitors can browse through a few curio, antique and gift shops, with restaurants and coffee shops to suit all tastes. There is a lovely wide sunny verandah is available for guests to relax on.
The well-known cemetery with it's beautiful views of the area, as well as the Louis Changuion walking trail meandering through the Haenertsburg Grasslands, are within easy walking distance.
Other facilities on the premises:
MaGriet's Fine Foods:
Wedding cakes, birthday cakes and biscuits
Makers of pickles and preserves, rusks and biscuits
Specialty cakes to order
Various products for those with food intolerance's
Check our Facebook page!
2 beautiful and spacious rooms offers very comfortable accommodation.
Back room: 3 three quarter beds with en-suite bathroom. An extra mattress for small children or camping cot is available if needed
Front room: 2 three quarter beds with en-suite bathroom.
Single R500/person/night | Sharing R800 per room - double or twin | 3 persons sharing – R1050
- Visit gift and art shops.
- Cozy restaurants, coffee shops, and our local village pubs
- Visit the Long Tom Monument and War Memorial in the International arboretum
- Visit our beautiful little cemetery with stunning views of the area (nice venue for a sundowner)
- The Louis Changuion hiking trail starts at the Village hall (next to the cottages), a 10 km hike including the cemetery, our beautiful grassland, patches of indigenous forests and the Wilgespruit that surround the village
- Spoil yourself with a relaxing massage
- Visit the library
Activities in the area
- Hiking and walking trails
- The Wolkberg Wilderness area
- Trout fishing
- Abseiling, tubing, mountain biking (own bike)
- Horse riding
- Birding (Two South African birds, the Black-fronted Bush Shrike and the Blue Swallow are endemic to this area)
- Various tea gardens and nurseries
- Picnicking at the Dap Naude dam
- Waterfalls, including the Debengeni falls
- Historical sites: two places where the famous Boer Long Toms were destroyed
- Cheese making tour
- Visit organic farms
- Cruises on the Ebenezer dam
Please complete and submit your booking enquiry directly to Jessie at MaGriets by completing and submitting this form. Please do not hesitate to consult the website again should there not be availability. .
Thank you for your interest and enjoy your stay. Please check the dates for all our activities and festivals and remember to book your accommodation early during busy periods.
GPS Co-ordinates: S23° 56.608’ E29° 56.339’
From Johannesburg, take the N1 highway to Polokwane (Pietersburg), then the R71 to Tzaneen, continue for +-58km to Haenertsburg. Turn right at the entrance into the village (three way stop at the Excel filling station). You will pass the Iron Crown Pub & Grill on your left, continue over the crossing at Foodzone for 150m, turn left at the Windmill until you reach Bok Street, turn right to the corner of Bok and Kantoor and you will find MaGriets Guesthouse on your right.
Map of Haenertsburg Village
Magoebaskloof Area Map